27 March 2014

The Mummy Tag


I love finding out a little more about the bloggers who I follow so when Rachel from Three Years & Home posted her Mummy Tag and in turn tagged me I thought why the hell not? So here you have a little bit more about me! Enjoy! 

1. Are you a stay at home mum or a working mum?
I am a working mum. I work 3 days a week in a GP's surgery and also a Saturday morning, self employed as an Applied Behaviour Analysis tutor for children with autism. 
2. Would you have it any other way?
I went back to work when Luca was 9 months old.  I think it would have been lovely to be a stay at home mum, more time to enjoy my boy in those precious early years and less tiring but it wasn't an option for me. I think if I had of been a SAHM I would have always gone back to work at some point or another. I absolutely love my job as an ABA tutor and I need to work to be able to get my doctorate eventually. 
3. Do you co-sleep?
We don't purposefully co-sleep, Luca has always had his own sleeping space and always been put down for the night in his cot or bed.  However, there have been times when we have slept with Luca in our bed. Accidentally when he was tiny and we would fall asleep together when I was feeding him and now when he is teething or poorly he sleeps with us. Everyone needs a mummy cuddle when they are poorly right? 

4. What is your one must-have item for your baby?
When Luca was really little his swing definitely made my life easier as I could put him in it for a while whilst I showered and got dressed or washed up for example.  Apart from that I can't think of anything else that we couldn't have lived without bar the obvious things such as steriliser and baby monitors.
5. How many kids do you plan on having?
I always imagine us as a family of five but I think we will take each moment as it comes and see what happens. I know for certain we want at least one more and then after that addition we will decide if we have room for more until we feel our nest is full. 
6. Date nights. How many do you have per month?
Your kidding right!? We've only just really started to put time aside for just us. We managed one date night in January, well a double date with friends and we have another double date this month too. It's on my To Do List for 2014 to make more time for us. 
7. Your child’s favourite show?
Luca doesn't really have a favourite show but he adores Pixar films.  His favourites at the moment are Cars, Cars 2, Rio and all the Shrek films. These have replaced his swing and I stick one on to entertain him for a while whilst I shower. 
8. Name one thing you bought before the baby but never ended up using?
We were pretty restrained when buying for Luca before he was born. Apart from essentials we didn't buy anything else and went with the flow buying what we needed as we needed. This meant that we didn't waste money on anything we didn't really use.
9. Your child’s favourite food?
Luca loves sweetclems (little oranges), crumpets and ice lollies at the moment. 
10. How many cars does your family have?
We have three. Ant has a Fiat Bravo and I have a Mazda 2. I also have a Ford Capri that is currently off the road waiting to be restored. I adore old cars and hope to own more eventually. 
11. Weight gain – before pregnancy, during, after and now?
Genuinely no idea. I know I was a size 10 before I fell pregnant and a size 14 immediately after Luca's birth.  I quickly dropped to a 12 and stayed there for a while but when Luca learnt to walk I lost a lot more weight and am back to my pre-baby body now at a size 10.  
12. Dream holiday with your kids?
My absolute dream is to take my child(ren) to Lapland to meet Father Christmas, ride in a reindeer led sleigh and see the Northern Lights.  I have lots of other dream holidays but I think this would be the most amazing thing to do as a family. 
13. Dream holiday without your kids?
I can't imagine a holiday without Luca now that we have him but if I had to pick it would probably be a romantic getaway to somewhere like Rome or Venice or maybe even a trip to Cuba. Although I'd still love to take Luca those places too, I really want to show him the joys of the world and travelling. 
14. How has your life changed since having kids?
My life has changed completely but in the most wonderful way. I never have anytime to myself anymore, I'm sleep deprived and exhausted a lot of the time. Nights out are a rarity and nowhere near as wild as they used to be.  My life is also more full, I'm happier than I've ever been, more confident since becoming a mother and I wouldn't change any of it for a second. 
15. Finish the sentence, ‘it makes my heart melt when …’.
I hear Ant reading bedtime stories to Luca. When Luca laughs uncontrollably. When he kisses Dibble and whispers I love you in his ear. When he snuggles into me and asks for a cuddle. When he says sorry. When he smiles. 
16. Where do you shop for your kids?
Most of Luca's clothes are Primark, Next, Matalan or supermarket buys. I refuse to pay extortionate amounts of money for clothes he outgrows so quickly or now ruins in the blink of an eye. 
 17. Favourite make up and skincare products?
I am absolutely in love with Liz Earle Skincare products. Makeup wise I use lots of different brands but tend to stick to Soap & Glory mascara and liquid eyeliner pen and Clinique concealer and foundation. 
18. Huggies or Pampers?
Pampers
19. Have you always wanted kids?
Yes, I cannot imagine not having my own branch of the family tree. I love children and am a very maternal person. 
20. Best part of being a mum?
As cheesy as it sounds I'm not sure I can pick one thing. I love every aspect of motherhood bar the sleep deprivation.  I didn't imagine for a second it would make me more confident though. Being a mum is one of the only things I think I'm good at so maybe that's one of the best parts. 


So there you have it, a little bit about me. Anything that surprised you? 

I know I'm massively late to the party but I tag - 
Hannah from Make Do and Push
Vicki from Honest Mum
Katie from Pouting in Heels
Sorry if you've already done it ladies! 



4 comments:

  1. Bloody gorgeous post from a great mum, you are seriously fabulous-thanks for tagging me, I'm useless at memes but means a lot-must try Liz Earle and that laughter is just joyous isn't it, we are so lucky xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very lucky and thank you, that means a lot!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for filling this in. I'm so nosy. I'd love to take the boys to Lapland too and really want to see the Northern Lights. Have you tried Luca with Madagascar 3? CK loved that and it's one that I found myself laughing at too. Although, we're on a bit of a Frozen marathon now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding out stuff about people too! Yeah we've done Madagascar as well as a few others which I thought he'd love as he's animal mad but they don't quite cut it like the above do! Xx

      Delete