8 April 2014

A birthday week!

It was my birthday last week and we took the week off work and spent it as a family. The 9 days we spent together were awesome.  We don't get to spend that much time together as a family as Ant works such long hours so when we get more than a day together we try pack it full of fun.  So here is our fun filled family week. 

Sunday  
Our week was kicked off in style with Mothers Day, it was a really lovely day full of being spoilt by my boy and spoiling our Mums, Grandma's and Aunt too.  

5 small bunches of flowers from our local florist/ Uncle Frazer showing Luca how to play a game on his phone/ A private Mummy and Luca moment during all the madness/ Cheeky drinks to kick off our holiday week. 

Monday
I was naughty and opened all my birthday cards that I'd already got and went shopping with Ant with the money inside.  We stopped and had a spot of breakfast in a riverside cafe and I truly spoilt myself for the first time in absolutely ages. I ended up with 3 pairs of shoes, some trousers, jeans, 2 cardigans, 3 tops, a t-shirt, new LBD, and some Liz Earle moisturiser, eye cream and shampoo & conditioner.  When we got home we picked Luca up from the childminder and went for a walk and to play in the gardens opposite our flat. We also treated ourselves to ice creams from the ice cream van!
Ice cream from the ice cream man/ My birthday shopping haul


Tuesday
Tuesday wasn't quite as exciting, we sent Luca to the childminders and spent the day doing chores and food shopping. Rock and roll! I had to work Tuesday night too, so on my way home I stopped and bought some naughty Krispy Kreme donuts for us.

Eating donuts in bed

Wednesday
We took Luca swimming and spent a whole hour splashing and dunking in the pool at Tadcaster.  Luca was so exhausted from all the playing he slept for ages in the car.  We then went back to my mums and had a pizza lunch and played until home time.

Car napping on way home from swimming/ Trying to shake a tree to death/ Football time

Thursday
26 today, woo hoo! I woke up to kisses from my boys before I was told I wasn't allowed to get up until they said I could. Luca then came and got me and I had a home made birthday cake waiting for me, lots of flowers, more cards including one with a voucher for Love Miss Daisy, an online vintage store from my brother & sister in law and my favourite breakfast, pancakes!  We then got ready and headed to Yorkshire Wildlife Park for the day (blog post coming soon!). I absolutely love it there as you can get so close to the animals even stroking the wallabies! It's a great day out and we spent the whole day wandering around and admiring all the animals. We then went home to my parents house for a birthday tea (including more cake) and as we were getting out of the car saw one of my best friends riding her horse.  Luca loves Bracken (the horse) so had a kiss and gave him some treats.  
I opened more cards and my fabulous mum & dad got me a gift voucher for a night in an awesome hotel and a night of babysitting from them (more on that when we've been but it looks soooooo good) before Luca passed out in Daddy's arms from such an exciting day.  I  equally was exhausted after such a lovely day, it was absolutely perfect and I think will be hard to top next year.  That evening Luca's childminder (and now good friends) came round with another card and another gift voucher, they are just too kind. 

Homemade cake/ We made it even in the fog/ Horsey kisses/ Exhausted after a busy day

Friday
We decided to take Luca to see Rio 2, his first trip to the cinema. We were well prepared for it being an unmitigated disaster but it actually went really well and he loved watching his favourite birds on the BIG screen and eating his Daddy's popcorn. He got restless towards the end but not enough for him to be disturbing of others and we made it the whole way through.  I then went for my nails doing as a gift from another fabulous friend before getting myself all dolled up in my new dress for a night out with the girls. It was a half birthday meal, half leaving do for a colleague. There were only 5 of us but it was a great night and I received another 2 gift vouchers that day, one from a friend I saw that night and another from fellow blogger and now lovely friend, the gorgeous Vicki from Honest Mum. My best friend also bought me some delicious treats for pampering with and some cute little bunting which now has pride of place in my kitchen, I love it! 
Posing for the camera/ Enthralled by the big screen/ Obligatory night out with the besty shot

Saturday
We spent the day playing at home, followed by nap time then a little bit of shopping for rabbit food and Luca clothes (they grow too fast). I treated myself again to a gorgeous soft pink leather biker jacket and Ant bought some t-shirts. We also bought Luca some new DVD's, Monsters Inc and Planes so we headed home to our pj's, an ice cream and film night. 

Sunday
The final day of our week together was spent at my parents doing nothing. Utter Sunday bliss! 

I have had such an amazing week and feel very lucky, spoilt and loved with all the treats and gifts I received from friends and family. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by such fantastic people and I have had a truly awesome week celebrating my birthday, so if you are reading this and were involved in any part of making my birthday week so blooming great then I thank you from the very bottom of my heart, you've made me a very happy lady! 






4 comments:

  1. Donuts in bed?? Living. The. Life!!! Happy Birthday :)

    Thank you so much for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I'm so rock n roll it's scary haha x

      Delete
  2. What an amazing week. Happy belated birthday, you young pup ;-) Love the shopping, those shoes are divine. And how exciting about a night away with free babysitting thrown in. Presents don't get better than that xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've been very spoilt! Thank you Rachel xx

      Delete